Registration is now open for the Southern Institute for Health Informatics 9th Annual Conference
which will take place on Friday 21st September, in Portsmouth.
The theme for the conference is Collecting information near the patient.The speakers include:
* Dr Mike Bainbridge, Clinical Architect, Technology Office, NHS Connecting for Health, giving a keynote address
* Dr Hugh Sanderson, Head of Clinical Information Development, South Central SHA, on the Hampshire Clinical Repository
* Lynn Woods, Chief Executive, Adastra Software, on integrated out-of-hospital services
* Dr Grant Kelly, GP and CfH Clinical Lead for SNOMED, SNOMED Structured electronic Records Programme, on implementing a clinical terminology
* Dr Marilyn McGee-Lennon, Senior Research Fellow, University of Glasgow, on HECTOR evaluating a PDA based clinical handover system
* Prof Gary Smith, Consultant in Critical Care Medicine, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust, on using technology to identify patient deterioration and facilitate the response to acute illness
* Lt Cdr Mark Trasler MBE, the Royal Navy lead for the implementation of electronic clinical records throughout the Defence Medical Services, on the Defence Medical Information Capability Programme
* James Jackson, SmartSensor telemed Ltd, on the home monitoring service his company has developed
* Mark Smith, Met Office Consulting, on the COPD home alerting service he has been involved withWho should attend?
The conference is aimed at healthcare professionals, senior managers and system developers both within the NHS and in companies supplying products and services to it. Academics with research or teaching interests in the above areas will also find plenty to interest them.Registration
The cost of early registration (bookings made before 1st September) is £85 (with discounts for multiple attendees from the same organisation), which includes lunch.Conference sponsors:
* Department of Health
* Fujitsu - sponsors of the conference lunch
* Telecare Knowledge NetworkInfomart
The conference also features an "Infomart". The Infomart is an informal information marketplace area that allows vendors and researchers a low cost method of meeting people and exchanging information.
For more details of the programme and a registration form, go to the conference website http://www.chmi.port.ac.uk/sihi/sihi2007/index.htm
Email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Angela Muscat on 023 9284 6445.
Please bring this to the attention of any colleagues that may also be interested, and if possible display the flyer (downloadable from the website) on relevant notice boards. Apologies to anyone who receives multiple copies of this message.Further details:
For further information contact: Dr Jim Briggs Conference chairman
and look at the web site http://www.chmi.port.ac.uk/sihi/sihi2007/index.htm
Labels: conference, Health Informatics